The best beauty 'treatment' is to
Yea, you know all the facts. I won't lecture here about the health dangers involved with smoking. Or about how it ages your skin prematurely with wrinkles around the mouth and eyes, lines all over your face, sagging skin, yellow teeth, pale complexion and ashen skin.
Quitting Smoking happens to be the number one beauty tip, the best thing you can do for your skin and your looks so that's why I've included it here.
Besides the beauty aspect, the benefits to your health are profound. In fact, the minute you quit smoking, your body starts to heal itself. See below for the facts on what happens when you do stop smoking. Its amazing!
Not a Smoker? Good for you!
Then here is the number one beauty tip for you...
Stop smoking now and see benefits immediately!
* In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal.
* In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.
* In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.
* In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.
* In 2 weeks your circulation will increase, and it will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks.
* In three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%.
* In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have dropped by half.
* In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
* In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
* In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
Here are some good resources to help you quit smoking: