Light vs. Dark
Let's start with the 2 dominant characteristics that are usually most easy to identify, Light and Dark. They are placed besides each other to highlight their differences.
LIGHT seasons will typically have:
- Light Hair: blonde is most common
- Light eyes: blue, green, hazel
- Skin: Fair & light.
- Often with little contrast between skin, eyes and hair.
- If you have dark eyes, Light is NOT your dominant trait.
Deep seasons have:
- Dark Hair: black, dark brown, deep auburn.
- Dark eyes: black, dark brown, red-brown, dark hazel or blue.
- Skin may be light, medium or dark.
- High contrast between eyes, skin, and/or hair
- If you have light eyes, DEEP is NOT your dominant trait.
Return to Hue, Value, and Chroma"