Oblong Face Shape
How to determine the Oblong Face
- The face is longer than it is wide.
- The chin and cheekbones are rounded and relatively narrow.
- The forehead, cheeks and jawline are about the same width.
- The only difference between oblong and rectangle is the oblong has rounded chin/jaw and forheard and the rectangle face is angular.
GOAL: To visually shorten the face length.
- Create volume and width to face.
- Bangs help to shorten the face.
- Avoid straight down the middle parts. Soft side parts are better.
- Very short hair that adds fullness only on top of head.
- Long straight hair. If you insist on long hair, add lots of volume at neckline.
- Low side parts
- Hair slicked back, especially if you have a high forehead
- Hats with full brims.
- Avoid hats that are narrow and thin.
- You will look best in glasses that are large (relative to your body's scale), and have softened edges rather than an angular appearance.
- Because your face is longer than it is wide, your best frames will have depth as well as width. The frames must also be in proportion to your head size. A woman who has a small head will need smaller frames for balance and vice versa.
- Decorative or contrasting temples can also be added to give width to the face. A low bridge will shorten a long nose and a high bridge will lengthen a short nose.
- Your best earrings add width to your face.
- Select from the following shapes: Round Small drops, Fan shaped, Oval, Chandelier.