Soft vs Clear
The Soft and Clear Seasons can be easily confused with other seasons.
Note: Soft seasons are the most misdiagnosed seasons of all!
- Soft Seasons look best in colors that are comparatively more neutral than extreme warm or extreme cool. Indeed, they are a blend of both warm or cool, neither leaning toward either one too far.
- There is an underlying ‘greyness’ in many of their best colors.
- Eyes are usually a “smokey” blue , blue-grey, amber, soft brown or grey-green.
- Hair is often described as mousy brown or dishwater blonde, usually lacking natural highlights.
- Too bright colors instantly overwhelm them. Too dark colors drains the vitality from their faces.
Clear Season are the opposite of muted; there is a noticeable clarity to their skin and almost always in their eyes.
- Their eyes are usually a bright or sparkling color-blue, hazel, green, etc.
- Hair can be naturally dark, medium or totally blonde.
- There is usually a strong contrast between their eyes and lashes with the whites of their eyes being bright white.
- Muddy colors look just that, "muddy".
- They need bright clear colors to shine.